The purpose and program of study
The goal of the Translator of English program is to enhance the translation workplace regarding law, economics, science, and culture demonstrating responsibility and competence equally in consecutive and written translation.
The studies enable:
- developing language skills reflecting C2 levels of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR),
- deepening knowledge of a given language, its literature, culture and history,
- developing the skill to apply this knowledge as a translator maintaining ethical limits,
- improving translation skills regarding science and technology,
- improving translation skills regarding economic/financial text translation,
- improving translation skills regarding administrative/legal text translations,
- familiarization with helpful computer programs for translation
Practical application of theoretical knowledge of translation during required internship.
Possibilities for future work
Graduates of the Translator of English program are prepared for continual professional development and work in:
- translation agencies,
- cultural centers,
- institutions of the European Union,
- publishing houses and periodicals,
- mass media,
- companies and corporations of domestic and international profile,
- services sector where fluent knowledge of languages and cultures is essential.