The purpose and program of study
The goal of the English Language Teacher and second language program is to prepare professional teaching staff of English demonstrating pedagogical responsibility and competence. The studies enable:
- developing language skills reflecting C2 levels of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR),
- developing English linguistics such as corpus linguistics, analysis and contrastive typology,
- deepening expertise of global English literature,
- developing appreciation of psychological and pedagogical issues,
- gaining appreciation of cultures and art of English speaking peoples,
- applying this knowledge as a teacher maintaining ethical limits.
- developing second language (DE, ES, FR, IT, RU) skills reflecting B2 levels of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR),
Possibilities for future work
Graduates of the English Language Teacher and second language program are prepared for continual professional development and work in:
- all types of educational institutions,
- language schools,
- cultural/educational centers,
- European Union institutions.